Friday, June 21, 2013

Constructing Authorship

Writing a novel is like building a house. You start in with great intentions of all kinds of details, like stainless steel appliances or food replicators in every room.

Then, once you start, you realize that details are minor in comparison to learning to build in the first place.

I mean, it's useless to have that replicator that produces nothing but great Cracker Barrel food when the floors can't even support the walls. Well, not totally useless, because you can eat while standing on saggy floors, but there you are. 

I'm on the quest to learn to build. I want to write good stories that are solid and can stand on their own. Of course, I want them to be functional and aesthetically-pleasing as well. I might even throw in the occasional replicator. 

So, here I am, A. R. Jones, starting my journey. Stay tuned as I post my novels, one at a time, starting with my first published work, Political Slant

Start building whatever you've been called to build. 

No comments:

Post a Comment